Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's official ...

Justine Henin is really retiring from tennis, effective immediately. Some snippets from her presser:

“This is the end of a child’s dream. This is a definitive decision. Those who know me know it is serious.”
“I thought long about this,” Henin said, her voice cracking and eyes watering. “I started thinking about it late last year. I was at the end of the road. I leave with my head held high.”

Okay, now that she's announced, what is really going on here? More on my theories later, but I open the floor. What do you guys think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am frankly devastated by this piece of news. She's the only reason I watch the WTA tour.

I think she basically has lost the passion for the game. It was quite evident in her performances this year.

Naf said...

I am, too. I was not a huge fan of hers, but there's no question that she made the game interesting. This is just bad for women's tennis. I saw her results, but I didn't think she'd lost any passion. I thought she had an injury that was worse than she let on. I still think that.